This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Let your thoughts be heard about the latest news and gossip in the music world.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#15192 by Irminsul
Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:38 pm
Boy they bring back memories. I'll have to dig out my old torn up tartan pants, doc martins and safety pins to get ready for this one.

#15199 by Starfish Scott
Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:10 am
"Never mind the Bullocks" j/k I don't fully appreciate the sex pistols.

The closest I get is "The Dead Kennedy's" lol

#15202 by Irminsul
Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:11 am
This is gonna get me pelted with with rotten vegetables, but I think The Sex Pistols were the greatest rock and roll band of all time. After all, it was Keith Richards (I believe) who said "All great rock and roll starts from the waist down."

#15203 by Starfish Scott
Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:41 am
Ok, sounds good. (throws cabbage)

Did you notice that Thomas looks like Benny Hill? LOL

I was afraid to mention that on the other thread for fear of disembowelment.
(serious look) lol

#15206 by Irminsul
Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:32 am
Captain Scott wrote:Did you notice that Thomas looks like Benny Hill? LOL

Yeah but Benny Hill got the BABES. Women love funny guys, don't you know that!?

#15216 by Starfish Scott
Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:56 pm
LMAO I can hear the music and see ole Benny running all over the English countryside.

#15238 by jw123
Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:41 pm
They played the Talisyn Ballroom in Memphis in their short run in the 70s and nobody showed up. Someone told me there were only around 100 people there. No drama, no excitement.

I still like listening to their music. I heard Gad Save The Queen the other day and it still kicks ass. For a bunch of non-musicians they sure made a big impact.

I loved Johnny Rotten on that BoDog show, he was hilarious!

#15255 by Irminsul
Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:31 pm
John (Rotten) Lydon is a real character. I've always gotten a kick out of him. He is quite intelligent, and what the Pistols did by giving the finger to the Hall of Fame was just awesome. If you want to see some landmark TV, go check out Johnny with his (then) bandmate Keith Levine when they were in PiL, being interviewed by Tom Snyder in about 1980. Good gawd, fall down hilarious. I thought Snyder was going to through them off the set. They reaaally got his goat.

In fact, here it is...in two parts....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BZ2UoBZzEI

Enjoy. And don't forget...

DEEESTROOYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

#45376 by thesystemhasfailed
Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:39 am
if the pistols r gettin back 2gether great. but, wat would really make my year is if they cut a new album. maybe they might bring the TRUE meaning of punk to whole new generation who desperately needs it.

#46569 by Hayden King
Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:34 pm
the realest fake band in history!
"feel it and it will be real"

#47030 by muzicaddx
Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:22 pm
What!!! thats dope.

#48047 by fisherman bob
Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:15 pm
Aren't the original members of The Sex Pistols a little to old to have a reunion? Maybe they should be called The Flaccid Sex Pistols. Later....

#48184 by HowlinJ
Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:44 am
fisherman bob wrote:Aren't the original members of The Sex Pistols a little to old to have a reunion? Maybe they should be called The Flaccid Sex Pistols. Later....

Besides that, Bob, Sid is still dead from that smack O.D.! :twisted:

Ain't no denyin' the pistols place in the evolution (or de-evolution) of the art form known as Rock.

The only ballsyer band was possibly Wendy O Williams' Plasmatics. (she rocked 'till she dropped too!)

HJ

#49408 by nightowl86
Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:35 pm
sweeeet! Thats awesome!