This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Let your thoughts be heard about the latest news and gossip in the music world.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#13816 by Starfish Scott
Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:04 pm
No offense to Garth, but I am happy to hear it.

His achy, breaky fart is killing meh. lol

#13828 by Irminsul
Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:07 pm
I wonder if he'll be like Cher...in an eternal feedback loop of 'Final concerts'?

#13834 by RhythmMan
Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:04 pm
You may not know that he quit the music scene a few years back to spend time with his wife & family. They were on rocky ground for a while.
Guess things are patched up . . .
By the way; when he held his concert in Central Park, the organizers wanted to charge a lot of money for tickets.
Garth said, "No; I want it to be FREE."
And, on this current tour, he charged the exhorbitant price of . . . .
. . . $10 / ticket.
:)

#13868 by Starfish Scott
Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:09 pm
On that note: A big cheer for GARTH! Hooo-RAy..

10$ shows the man has made his money and the fans are just too important to gouge.

#15218 by OuttaHand
Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:11 pm
Class act stuff to give free concerts and $10 tickets.

#15219 by Telejo
Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:59 pm
His current gig in KC is amazing. Tickets went on sale for his show...and sold out in 3 minutes. They called him...and he added 8 more shows in KC, 9 total if I recall the news correctly.
#22327 by guitargal
Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:45 am
Sorry, but Garth didn't patch things up with his wife. They did try but ended up in divorce. About a year or two ago he married Trisha Yearwood, a famous country singer and they and his girls are all doing well. Just didn't want the facts to be fuzzy. :idea: :lol:

just a headsup !
guitargal
#22330 by fisherman bob
Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:56 am
He certainly puts on a great show. Free concerts and $10 tickets? The man is no marketing dummy. That just means thousands of more people who will buy his CD's. Good PR goes a long way in promoting your music. I do free shows and cross promotions whenever possible. Later...
#22333 by guitargal
Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:04 am
The secret to his success is entertain, entertain, entertain. He certainly does not have the greatest voice and he was turned down by almost all of Nashville, but he could put on a show. His mentor was Chris LaDue, who was a singing rodeo champion. He has since passed away. But Garth Brooks puts on a show and knows his fans and what they want in a concert. I saw his concert on TV and what a compliment to any artist when everyone in the audience knows every word to every song that is sung in a career concert. I'll say no more.

guitargal

#22339 by Irminsul
Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:39 am
I guess I must be the odd man out, but I tried to sit through one of his songs and I swear to god I have never been so bored or disinterested in my life.
#22340 by guitargal
Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:02 am
Hey, that's ok that you were not interested, that's what makes the world so interesting. If we all liked all the same things and dressed the same way and had only one way of thinking we wouldn't have very many creative avenues to choose from would we. I think it's great that everyone can talk about the things they like and dislike and still have the common bond of being able to talk on this forum. We all like to play an insrument or sing or both. It's all good. We do have common ground and still appreciate each other's gifts. Hang in there with this forum and thanks for being a part of it. I am amazed at some of the things I've read that people say or know about artists or music that I know nothing about and it amazes me that they are so interested in that particular venue of music that they have learned so much about that person or persons, or music. It makes it fun. You are not odd, just an individual that happens to have other areas of interest. :)

guitargal

#22346 by Guitaranatomy
Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:34 pm
Irminsul wrote:I guess I must be the odd man out, but I tried to sit through one of his songs and I swear to god I have never been so bored or disinterested in my life.

... You and me both. That crap bores the sh*t out of me, excuse my crude language.

I cannot listen to any Country though, none. I cannot even think of a piece I like at the moment from that genre.

So you are not alone, lol.

I will take "Dead Can Dance" anyday over that. By the way, "Yulunga" is a great song.
#22359 by fisherman bob
Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:04 pm
I'm not a very big country fan, but there are a few other country artists that I enjoy (Dwight Yoakum, Clint Black, Willie Nelson, Randy Travis). Garth sounds SO commercial, generic. He certainly doesn't have a great voice. You can't really knock somebody who's made millions of dollars in the music business. I'd like to earn interest on the interest he earns. Later...

#22366 by scarletrust
Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:32 pm
He lives right up the road from me in Owasso, OK. I've seen him at the grocery store & everything. I'm not a fan. If I had never seen him on TV, I would just think (and still do) that he is just a dorky (that's right) local country boy, wearing Carhartts & driving around in his pickup truck. Garth is a prime example of effective marketing of product by the music industry. "Nashville" is just as bad, if not worse, about that as any other segment of the industry. :roll: