This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Let your thoughts be heard about the latest news and gossip in the music world.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#259697 by GuitarMikeB
Fri May 13, 2016 1:05 pm
Hey Bob - are you ever going to actually release this on a CD (Compact Disc)? Or is it going to remain a download-only album?
I don't bother with the d/l stuff - when I get a free ne (promo or when I buy someone's CD) it usually just gets deleted from my computer at some point. I've got an iPod Nano that is empty - I never use it. And new phone only has 2G of memory, have no plans to add a memory card for it, as I just don't need to use it that way.
#259710 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri May 13, 2016 3:49 pm
You are a dying breed, Mike. It would be foolish to plan a strategy for pleasing folks like you (and me). There's just no profit in it.

ASCAP predicts the end of the CD within 5 years. Streaming has already replaced downloads, which replaced CDs.

Not sure where all the disruption will lead us, but I don't advise holding on to anything too tightly. By the end 2017, VR will be usurping all computing & communication platforms, so media will be delivered on something we haven't heard of yet.

Who knows if there will ever be an era where songwriters could make a living like what we saw in the last 50 years?