This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Let your thoughts be heard about the latest news and gossip in the music world.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#29580 by Starfish Scott
Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:06 pm
amen. Why distort a vocal so you sound like the devil>?

Never got that one at all..

#29591 by gbheil
Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:24 pm
That Hunter for a youngster, has some sound insight. Well schooled by his Father I,ll wager.

#29701 by The Hunter
Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:06 pm
Yes, i did as a matter of fact. He's the GA, the general audience to me. (Not the Guitar Anatomy). Thanks for the complement!

#29710 by gbheil
Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:16 pm
Twas more a complement to your Father. As well as yourself. Tell him I said so.

#29719 by The Hunter
Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:20 pm
will do.

#38743 by FastFret
Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:01 pm
Argueing with "old farts" about metal music is like participating in the special olympics.... even if you win.....

I agree somewhat about inteligible vocals. Some death metal bands that growl through a whole song are slightly irritating to say the least.

I can understand most of the screaming vocals I hear though, because I like and LISTEN to the music. The key being.. give it a chance and actually listen to it.

#38790 by gbheil
Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:28 am
I really have Fret ol boy. But Many years of gunfire and working in loud industreal environments make it difficult for me to make out words in a noisy environment. I can "hear" them, I just cant understand them.
I like lots of types of music, not many vocal styles appeal to me.
Dont like constant scream, but if you've heard any of our music Ray "shouts" some of the lyrics. In converse I dont like Country pop music singers either, That fake hillbilly twang just grates my last nerve.

#38804 by neanderpaul
Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:37 am
I too prefer intelligible lyrics in my metal. I think The song I did with jimmy danger, bat country (Avenged sevenfold) and black sabbath are all examples of that.

#38890 by gbheil
Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:59 am
Agreed!