This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Let your thoughts be heard about the latest news and gossip in the music world.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#146686 by PaperDog
Tue May 17, 2011 1:27 am
Greetings all!.

I'll start off this thread by claiming that EL PASO ,Texas is the lLamest town in America to find musical resource.

I've been searching for a bass player for 90 days now, and All i got was 6 responses, two of which were posers who couldn't play squat if their lives depended on it. Seriously...Even if you offered good money in this town; you won't get much better than some cover jockeys, who are great technically but totally lacking creative luster.

Its a damn shame, this environment. Talk about killing seeds before they grow...

Okay , which one of ya can top this. Is your town lamer than mine?

:shock:

#146688 by gbheil
Tue May 17, 2011 1:53 am
Try Kilgore ...

That's all I got to say on that subject.

#146799 by drag57
Wed May 18, 2011 8:35 pm
you`re tops paperdog!

#147411 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:13 pm
O'come on, guys....stop the whining. At least you're still in Texas. :D

I'd bet it is much harder for anyone living in Wyoming or South Dakota.

#147418 by gbheil
Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:41 pm
Somehow I feel all better now. 8)

#147425 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:04 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Somehow I feel all better now. 8)

At least we've got some good basketball teams in Texas....

Go Mavs!

#147428 by gbheil
Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:09 pm
Eh ... I detest team sports.

And in particular professional sports.

But hey, if that's your thing...

Enjoy!

#219528 by zar535135
Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:37 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Eh ... I detest team sports.

And in particular professional sports.

But hey, if that's your thing...

Enjoy!
,,,Hmmm Isn't being in a band like a team sport....just a thought...

#219531 by Starfish Scott
Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:01 am
yup-yup.. albeit a smaller team.

It's bad all over, Grant.

No one wants to play bass for someone else unless they are paying AND playing something they personally like. Being successful to begin with helps too, but I wouldn't know about all that. lol

If I had a dollar for every flake in NJ that you actually tried out and found out was mentally incompetent/hooked on phonics/hooked on drugs/a pu**y/weirder than I am/dominated by their woman/not serious enough/too old/too young/musically incompetent by any standards/attitude issues/personality of an evil clown/overly dominant/control freak/confidence issues or similar, I'd just buy my own studio and fill it with competent session musicians.

I'd play bass for you, Grant. If only to have fun and do something different, help ya out..but it's a long way to never-never land.
And I'm all out of pixie dust...but have some faith.

My one buddy says, "take a kid as your bassist". They try hard, often on the short side of competent, but you can train them..it just takes longer.