This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General Forum Rules and Updates
#235039 by BMix
Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:10 pm
***BandMix Forum Rules***

Rule #1: Respect your fellow members. All registered users must address fellow members with the utmost respect at all times. If you do not agree with a fellow member, be courteous in your response. Thomas Jefferson said it best: "When I hear another express an opinion which is not mine, I say to myself, he has a right to his opinion, as I to mine".

Because of the limitations of text based communication, the expression of intent can be tricky. One of the most common triggers of rule violations is the misinterpretation of intent behind a post. Use smilies often, and remember, it never hurts to begin a response with "In my opinion"...

If you do not address everyone on the board with respect, be prepared to be blocked from posting.

Rule #2: Off-limit Topics & Forum-Specific Rules Controversial topics will be VERY closely moderated. Politics and religious debate/discussion are not allowed in any forum unless specifically allowed by the forum's posted rules ("sticky" threads). All gear 'for-sale' and 'wanted' text must be limited to posts in the appropriate Classifieds category. The BandMix Classifieds are open to Supporting Members only. If you want to post your 'for sale' or 'wanted' text in your signature, a Supporting Membership is required. Solicitations for charity are not allowed in the public forums. You are responsible for noting any forum-specific rules pinned to the top of any forum.

Rule #3: Cultural Sensitivity Negative remarks based on race, ethnicity, or religion will not be tolerated.

Rule #4: Questioning a Moderation Decision Publicly If you have a disagreement with a moderator (If your thread gets deleted, if you get a warning, etc.), DO NOT post your complaint publicly on the forums. If you would like to raise a complaint regarding a moderator's actions, start a private conversation or email the moderator. If the moderator's response is unsatisfactory, please contact the forum admin staff by clicking the "contact us" link in any page footer.

We take all complaints seriously, but posting your dissatisfaction publicly will result in a rule violation.

Rule #5: Spam = BAD The posting of non-solicited advertisments in the forums will not be tolerated. Please contact BandMix to discuss advertising opportunities. Classifieds Forums are provided for personal sales. If you have a charity to promote, please contact us.

Rule #6: Represent yourself truthfully. Please be honest when representing yourself on BandMix.com. Using two or more user accounts concurrently is prohibited. Registering duplicate accounts to circumvent a ban is prohibited. If you receive remuneration (financially or in kind) from a company and post as a shill, or register a duplicate username to act as a shill, the entire posting history of both accounts will be wiped from BandMix, and the action will be made public. BandMix.com reserves the right to check internet IP addresses for verification.

Rule #7: No Trolling Any member that posts in a trolling manner will not be tolerated. Trolling is defined as making inflammatory posts simply to get people riled up, while lacking in substance pertaining to the thread topic. Moderator discretion applies.